Fill out the membership application now. If you aren’t sure yet, continue reading.
Our Membership System
There is no personal agenda behind the hackerspace. No one person rules over all. Membership support helps 10BitWorks accomplish its shared-resource objectives with _every_ member’s participation, support, contribution, and knowledge. As the membership goes, so does 10BitWorks.
Membership is open to all individuals. Supervision and training on proper use of some tools may be required such as power tools and the amateur radio station. We do reserve the right to refuse anyone for any reason.
Benefits include but are not limited to:
- Discounts on part orders (e.g. we have educational discounts with Sparkfun and AdaFruit)
- Access to equipment, tools, and materials (e.g. Reprap 3D printer, powertools, soldering irons, etc.)
- Access to the on-site network and internet-connectivity
- Access to our on-site book library
- Access to privileged resources (e.g. keyless access, ham radio club, on-site library, etc)
- Access to member’s only events and activities
- Eligibility to vote on 10BitWorks decisions (when applicable)
Typically, everyone pays for project materials out of their own pocket. With a greater membership count, we hope to one day offset personal costs. Monthly membership dues are used to pay for administrative expenses and infrastructure project costs, which may include, but are not limited to:
- Rent of the shop
- Website hosting and SSL fees
- Online payment fees
- Invoicing fees
- Equipment and supplies
- Funding for 10BitWorks hackerspace programs and projects
- Workshop supplies and reference materials
- Flyers, pamphlets, CD’s and other materials used to promote the 10BitWorks hackerspace and its activities.
- Assistance in sponsoring guest instructors for seminars
We accept payment via credit/debit card, cash, and by check.
Back to the TOP